Today marks 1-year since I bought my first house. It’s been an adventure, to say the least. Here’s a list of improvements:
- Raised the block wall in the back yard, added stucco, and painted it white.
- Raised height of gate.
- Filled in sunken living room with concrete.
- Wood floors in the living room and dining room.
- New baseboard in living room and dining room.
- New carpet in entire house.
- Painted entire house.
- Cleaned, then painted garage floor blue.
- Fixed sprinkler system.
- New toilets.
- New sink / cabinet in half bath.
- Repairs to kitchen cabinetry.
- New stucco on indoor fireplace and new paint.
- Installed crown molding in living room.
- Repairs to sprinkler system and pool backwash piping.
- Installed recessed lights in foyer.
- New knobs on kitchen cabinets.
Besides all of that, I bought a lot of new and used furniture and my mom and dad helped me decorate and set everything up. They’re a big reason that list above is so big. Without their help I would have never accomplished so much in just one year.
What’s next? I need to get some additional artwork on the walls and get busy finding me a wife!
In case you wish to see photos, you can browse my Flickr gallery.